Nevly events code of conduct
Purpose of the Nevly Event Code of Conduct
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, or religion.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all Nevly members, member guests, employees, speakers and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Wear your badge at all times while at the event or event venues.
- Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, demeaning or disorderly conduct by any attendee of the event or related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment may include: offensive verbal or electronic comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, or disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of presentations, talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Drinking to the point of intoxication before or at an event or using illegal drugs before attending or during an event. Also, encouraging or forcing other attendees to partake in these activities.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Physical, verbal or written abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by Nevly and its event management, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site or materials.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol, or being intoxicated, as determined by Nevly, in any event venue or function. Please drink responsibly.
- Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs. Nevly does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues.
- Smoking is not permitted, other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
- Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of the event staff.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by a Nevly member, member guests, employees, speakers or other participants.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, and if appropriate, involvement of local law enforcement.
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an event organizer or staff as soon as possible. You may request that your report remain completely confidential.
Event staff will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the event. You can report unacceptable behavior to any member of staff.
What to do if you Witness or are Subjected to Unacceptable Behavior
We expect all event participants (Nevly members, member guests, employees, speakers and other participants) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all event venues and event-related social events.
For questions regarding our code of conduct, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by Nevly and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Nevly’s rights, all of which it expressly reserves.